Machine Shop Accessories, Tools & Instruments
- Degree Protector in 6″ / 150mm
- Consists of a Semi-Circular head
- Graduated Blade of 8″
- Length Graduated Up to 6″-15cms.
- Weight: 0.058 Kg
- A bevel protractor is a graduated circular protractor with one pivoted arm; used for measuring or marking off angles. Sometimes Vernier scales are attached to give more precise readings. It has wide application in architectural and mechanical drawing, although its use is decreasing with the availability of modern drawing software or CAD.
- Universal bevel protractors are also used by toolmakers; as they measure angles by mechanical contact they are classed as mechanical protractors.
- The bevel protractor is used to establish and test angles to very close tolerances. It reads to 5 minutes or 1/12° and can measure any angle from 0° to 360°.
- The bevel protractor consists of a beam, a graduated dial and a blade which is connected to a swivel plate (with Vernier scale) by thumb nut and clamp. When the edges of the beam and blade are parallel, a small mark on the swivel plate coincides with the zero line on the graduated dial.
- To measure an angle between the beam and the blade of 90° or less, the reading may be obtained direct from the graduation number on the dial indicated by the mark on the swivel plate. To measure an angle of over 90°, subtract the number of degrees as indicated on the dial from 180°, as the dial is graduated from opposite zero marks to 90° each way.
- For example: Zero on the vernier scale has moved 28 whole degrees to the right of the 0 on the main scale and the 3rd line on the vernier scale coincides with a line upon the main scale as indicated. Multiplying 3 by 5, the product, 15, is the number of minutes to be added to the whole number of degrees, thus indicating a setting of 28 degrees and 15 minutes.
- Stainless Steel Degree Protector in 6″ / 150mm With Adjustable Double Nut Brass Knob
- Made of Stainless Steel an Ideal Tool for Engineers & Machinists.
- Consists of a Semi-Circular head with Double Graduations from 0 to 180 degree and a Graduated Blade of 8″ Length Which is Graduated Upto 6″-15cms. On one end and Millimeters on the Other end.
- The Steel Rule Can be Adjusted by Using a Brass Nut Provided in the Head.